Sunday, October 28, 2012

North by North Sea

After parting ways first with Nadia and then with Aunt Betty, we attempted to see the North Sea again. This time we succeeded. We went to a village called Hunstanton. It was sooooo cold. To emphasize how cold it was, Liz and Aubrey were freezing and they're Minnesotans! You can only imagine how frigid I was!

Again, it was a foggy day. So the sea was not exceptionally beautiful. I'm sure if the sun was shining, the water would have been prettier. But we still had fun walking on the sand and finding a huge variety of sea shells. The water was quite far out. I personally didn't venture out far, but Aubrey did. Then, in search of warmth, we went to a tea room. We ended up eating lunch there too. As normal for us, we shopped our way back to the car.

Then there was a long drive back to Warlingham. We drove up to Castle Rising. Ben and Reuel got out to take pictures from a distance as it cost 4 pounds to go all the way up to the castle. Us 4 girls stayed in the fairly warm car.

As stated in the last blog, we are now home in Warlingham. Tomorrow is expected to be a very long day so I am off to bed!

Oh, and here is a picture of Nadia as I never got to post any.

 
Pictures taken today: 84

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a nice visit with Nadia. I will track the weather.

    ReplyDelete