The Arc de Triomphe was our first destination. This arc is a symbol of Napolean's military conquests. After buying our billets (tickets) to go to the top of it, we realized we'd have to climb 284 steps to get up there and an equal number to descend. I nearly walked away from it, but I don't want to miss a single experience while we are here. We huffed and we puffed and we triumpantly landed on the top of the Arc. The view was beautiful. You can see many Paris landmarks from this view (164 ft hight). Napoleon really exalted himself with this arc. There are many stories depicted in carvings on this building.
We went to an area called St. Augustine in search of a recommended jewelry store. It was disappointing. Again, I left empty handed.
What is a trip to Paris without crepes? We found a cute little sidewalk cafe to enjoy such a traditional treat. Ben's lemon crepe was so sour! Mom would have cringed, but Ben thoroughly enjoyed it. Mine was apple and equally delightful. I sipped espresso which is what I pictured doing in Paris. Perfect moment! When Ben asked for the bill after we had been finished for a while, the waiter used body language to tell Ben to chill, relax! It was so funny. So the waiter made us wait a few more moments while he just stood there watching whatever was going on in the street. Once the waiter swiped Ben's credit card (which they always do at the table here), he handed the credit card to me, and again using body language, told me to go shopping. We were laughing again.
On our way home, we stopped at a little cafe and had dinner. Dinner in Paris is always late so our 9pm dinner is nothing unusual. Our waiter removed Ben's empty dinner plate, picked up my half full dinner plate, of which I was finished, and put it in front of Ben and told him to finish it. And Ben did just so.
Now we are back at our apartment. Our Paris adventure is ending. But we have many wonderful memories. Tomorrow we head back to England to meet up with the family.
Pictures taken today: 279
How do the French people respond to Americans? I have heard that they don't like Americans. However I'm sure they like their money. Sounds so exciting and the photos are so great. Can't wait to see the rest.
ReplyDeleteI like the vortex photo.
ReplyDelete