Today's adventure was a bit delayed due to a broken door handle for the front door of our apartment. Who broke it? I'm not saying.
We got off the subway and were pleasantly surprised with a foggy view of the Tour Eiffel! It suddenly felt real that we were in Paris! We took a 1 hour river cruise to orient ourselves with Paris. Although a little chilly, we enjoyed the sights. The size of the Louvre Museum is amazing! It seems to go on and on forever! From the boat we could see other major attractions such as the Musee d'Orsay, Tour Eiffel, and Notre Dame. It was a refreshing way to start the day although it was after noon by the time we disembarked.
After our scenic cruise, we jaunted over to the Louvre Museum. Thankfully, on Wednesdays the Museum is open late as we stayed until about 8pm. My feet gave out much earlier than that so I took advantage of just about every bench I could find. We invested 5 euro in an audio tour that was super helpful as all of the descriptions next to each exhibit was only in French. Ben loved the pieces from Egypt, Babylon, etc. as they relate to Bible prophecy. I found the Venus de Milo to be exquisite! Three blisters later, we left the Louvre. Across the street, we ate at Cafe Palais Royal. I had to eat there just because of the name. Everyone who knows my address growing up will appreciate the significance of that.
Now we are back at our apartment, the one with the broken door handle and the eggs ;) , and we are wiped out! At this point, I am achy from head to toe. We have done nothing but walk and climb stairs for the past week. But it is all worth it. I am positive tomorrow will be equally tiring and exciting. Can't wait!
Pictures taken today: 472!!!
what an exciting day!
ReplyDeleteYou had a busy day. Hope your feet and body recovers from all the exploring. I enjoy your blog posting titles, too.
ReplyDelete