Monday, October 22, 2012

Big Ben and Bigger Ben

Today's adventure eventually took us to the Tower of London.  It took us a while to get there as we were detoured looking for theatre tickets. We decided to try to go Sunday instead. The M&M store sidetracked us also.

The Tower of London was huge. It was full of torture equipment. We got to see the Crown Jewels. They were beautiful. I'm glad we went, but overall, it wasn't as impressive as I had hoped for. Good thing we had a 2-for-1 coupon!


After the Tower, we crossed the Tower Bridge. Then we took a long walk that led us to the tube. We then went to see Big Ben. I tried so hard to take a picture of Ben at an angle that makes him look bigger than Big Ben. That was an adventure.

Oh, and I kind of lost my travel card for the transportation in London. So we had to pay again for me so that I could get home. Oops! I didn't think I'd be the first one to lose it, but it was me. How embarrassing me!

Our day was a lot of walking. At one point I felt like my legs were going to give out. So I figure I can eat all the chocolate I want and not worry about getting too fat. Liz has so much chocolate at the house. She buys more every day! Meanwhile Alexia and Reuel buy vegetables. Strange!




Now for the highlight of my day:
I went to a Paperchase store. I used to go to the Paperchase section of Borders Bookstore, but now Borders is no more so Paperchase (a U.K. based company) is no more in the USA. Paperchase is full of pretty paper products, pens, cards, phone covers, pencil cases, etc. It was splendid. Now Liz and Aubrey are in love with Paperchase. Who wouldn't be?

The day was super foggy. All of my pictures reflect that.

Number of pictures taken today: 243

2 comments:

  1. You got your calendar!! Yay! I guess you'll have to go back there for 2014. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or you could Jenny. If we trade off each year going to the UK, I think that is fair.

    ReplyDelete