Saturday, October 20, 2012

Best Day Ever!



Wow! Today was amazing! We toured the British Museum which is incredible. Then we took a Bible tour (designed by the Branch, tours given by pioneers) which I had hoped would be the highlight of my England holiday. It lived up to that expectation! I can't say enough to express how incredibly awesome it was!

This museum is full of historical items that are in several of our publications and DVDs. It was like living in the literature today. We saw the Cyrus Cylinder, the Rosetta Stone, the Lion Hunt of Assyria...the list could go on and on.





Our Bible tour was called "Choose For Yourselves" based on Joshua 24:14,15. It centers on the Egyptian world power and how Jehovah's people were surrounded by ungodly ways. Would they imitate the society around them or would they remain loyal to Jehovah? (I won't ruin the ending for you) I am amazed at how many details are in these artifacts that we overlooked until our tour guide pointed them out to us. For instance, there is a life size statue of Nenkheftka, an Egyptian soldier. He appears to be clean shaven. Yet Jehovah told his people to have beards so as not to look like the pagans. I never would have picked up on that! I took notes. I'll try to share them with those that are interested.

There were so many Witnesses at the museum for these Bible tours. It felt like a mini-international convention. Simply lovely!

Ben had the opportunity to witness to 2 men at the museum. It turned out to be a nice 20 minute conversation. We had our Bibles with us so that was handy.

I met a sister that was just stopping in London for a couple of days on her way to Tanzania. She is going there for a minimum of 2 months to preach in English. Possibly those 2 months will turn into 2 years! She is from a congregation north of Sacramento, California. She is good friends with some good friends of Delbert and Robin Stevens. Small world!

This was a faith strengthening day. There is so much evidence of prophecies that have been fulfilled. These exhibits made much of Bible history come to life. To be a part of this amazing international brotherhood is upbuilding. Awesome!

We also tackled public transportation today for our first time in England. It was fairly simple. The train which takes us from Warlingham (where we are staying) into London is quiet and relaxing. It takes us about 1 hour to get from our home to main attractions in London.

Number of pictures taken today: 278

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a spiritually rewarding and enriching day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am surprised you could take photos during the tour. We look forward to hearing about your trip. And you can tell us since it is not likely we'll see London anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In case you're interested, there is a blog at www.londonchow.com about, well, London chow. I cannot speak to its accuracy, but thought you might be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I checked out that website. Thanks.

    Photos are able to be taken basically everywhere. Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete