The Montana congregation was at the hall waiting for us to arrive. We were immediately enveloped into a line of hugs and kisses. I don't know how many locals were there but I never ran out of people to meet. They were eager to take a group picture of delegates and locals.
Then we had a quick meeting for field service. The brother arranged for each delegate to work with a local brother or sister. I worked with a 70 year old sister named sheila williams. She is a faithful sister despite health and other issues. She taught me a little bit about preaching there. We worked in a middle class area. I saw a giant pig that was someone's pet.
We then returned to the Kingdom Hall for a break. Then they had a program prepared for us. We sang son 134. Then they interviewed a few brothers and sisters including a Bethel couple from Mozambique. They then gave us a history lesson on the congregation and a slide show of them building the Kingdom Hall. The dedication for the hall will be in October.
The congregation provided lunch for us. After a bit more socializing, we had more of the program. Some local sisters and one brother sang to us Kingdom songs. I'm not sure what language it was, but it was moving.
Some sisters did a traditional head wrap on me. I absolutely loved it. It is great for bad hair days! The locals said how beautiful I was. I think they just I was crazy to be a white girl trying it.
Today was awesome. It is something I will treasure forever!

This was wonderful. The locals put forth a lot of effort for the delegates. How exciting! I wish I could get a hairpiece.
ReplyDelete