Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Part of Theocratic History

One. No two. No three. Lots of cool things happened today.

A brother sat down next to us at the Bethel dining room wanting to talk to anyone not an Aussie. He chose us (Ben, Jenny, and me). As it turned out, his name is Don MacLean. Jenny immediately recognized his name. We had just done the theocratic history section which had info on this brother! He is a Gilead graduate and has been in Australia longer than any other missionary. He shared some cool news reports with us about the convention. It was amazingly cool to read about a brother with such a key role in theocratic history and then chatting with him!


When we toured the Sydney Assembly Hall, we read several wall displays about theocratic history about Sydney and the Assembly Hall. The last two panels were about the 2003 International Convention which I attended. I jokingly said I was in the picture of the stadium. I did see a picture of some Hawaiian sisters that were at the Assembly Hall when I was ther in 2003. Next I saw a group picture. Guess what! I'm in it! I am in a picture that is part of theocratic history! Judy Wintemute is in the picture also. I can't believe it!


We ended up having dinner at a local brother's house. We ate kangaroo! Other delegates were there also. Tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment