We drove up the coast to Ellis Beach. Along the drive we caught a glimpse of a dolphin in the water. The water was the perfect temp. I sat in the water for quite a while just relaxing. Then Ben, Jenny, and I went swimming while Aubrey and Liz collected shells. The sand was the perfect consistency but quite warm. The waves were minimal which was ideal for swimming. We had a majestic view of mountains and rainforest right behind us. Spectacular! I might have taken a nap on the sand. It was a perfect morning.
After leaving the beach, we headed south to find waterfalls. We swam in the bottom pool of the waterfall. The rocky bottom was so slippery! I had the hardest time climbing out of the pool onto the rocks so that I could go down the natural water slide. I gave the locals quite an entertaining show in the process.
We explored an area with giant boulders above another gorgeous natural pool. A thunderstorm started pouring on us. We didn't mind. A bush turkey attacked Jenny. Good times.
For dinner we ate at a yummy Greek restaurant overlooking the ocean and the esplanade. It was the perfect ending to an awesome time in Cairns.
As I write this we are at the airport waiting to fly to Melbourne. Woo hoo!


hahaha.
ReplyDelete