Our first morning in Cairns (possibly Saturday?) Jenny and I scouted out a cool coffee place. You pick out your beans or a combination of beans for the coffee master to create a drink. I love that concept. The day was already off to a great start.
As I'm talking to the coffee girl, I glance over at the customer ordering. He is wearing a tie and has Awake! magazines in his hand. It was a local brother! I jumped over Jenny making my way to meet the brother. The International brotherhood part of our trip was in full force! He explained that the brothers have a witnessing table in a nearby fruit market. We followed him over there. We met 2 more witnesses. We were invited to gate crash ( Aussie lingo for crashing the party). Our prayers were answered as we had all been eager to get involved with local witnesses.
We rushed off from that encounter to our scheduled plans for the day. We took a train that meandered up the mountain into a tropical rainforest. Cool, right? We got off the train and headed straight for the koalas. We each got to hold Lana, a three year old koala. She was soft and cuddly, just like you'd expect. She pooped on Liz. After our wild koala encounter, we went to Rainforestation where we saw more animals, watched an Aborigine show, and threw a boomerang.
Then we were off to the congregation gathering. The friends warmly welcomed us. We ate a variety of foods from around the world. This area is very diverse. Many at the gathering were in Chinese, Japanese, and Nepali groups. It truly emphasized how international our brotherhood is. We hated to leave. I love our organization!







Very pretty picture of Jenny. How'd you get her to pose for a pic?! :)
ReplyDelete