Hoi An is known for their many custom tailors. Everything is made just for you! While we knew that I would get an ao dai, we didn't know that I'd end up with a skirt, two blouses, and a jacket! Ben ordered two suits. Jenny got two skirts, a blouse, and a pair of shoes! All custom! The tailors are shipping everything to Ho Chi Minh for us. So exciting!
Hoi An is also known for their lanterns. They are hanging everywhere and even floating in the river. They are so beautiful.
Everywhere we go we are constantly being approached by people trying to sell us things. They even know a bit of English. Our current reaction is to speak Spanish to them so that they give up. Ben's favorite and only Spanish phrase: "Yo como leche." I laugh every time.
We made yesterday our relaxation day. We slept in... All the way to 6am. Our timing is a bit off. After a leisurely breakfast, we spent a couple of hours at the spa. 100 minutes of treatment was only $25 USD!
Several people have asked us if we live in Vietnam since we speak Viet. 😺
The city we are heading to today, Da Lat, is where my tutor lives. I'm excited to meet her face to face for the first time!
What nice experiences. And even the clothes buying. Glad you are having such a good time.
ReplyDeleteWhat nice experiences. And even the clothes buying. Glad you are having such a good time.
ReplyDelete